The Kidder Mathews development management group has the commercial real estate and local market expertise to guide you through real estate development and related consulting services.
Real estate development requires significant financial investment and specialized expertise. To create value while managing and mitigating risk in a development project, you need:
- Intimate knowledge of the real estate market
- Relationships with design professionals, general contractors, and building officials
- Creativity and marketing expertise
- Discipline and cost control capabilities
- Quality control and scheduling systems
- Construction management and development management expertise.
- An ability to persevere
As you can see, it’s a combination of hard skills and soft skills. The ability to collaborate with teams is essential. The Kidder Mathews development management team can help you through the entire process to bring your vision to life.
The Kidder Mathews development management team does not develop or invest in real estate for our own account. Rather, we use our expertise to help our clients be more successful.
To date, our team has helped clients successfully develop:
- Over 51 class A office, medical office, industrial and manufacturing facilities and corporate headquarters
- Single-story to 11-story buildings ranging from 22,000 SF to 338,000 SF, and from $4mm to $52mm in value
- 16 build-to-suit facilities
We identify and create value at every stage of the process, including:
- Evaluating the suitability of the site for the client’s particular use
- Completing all due diligence, feasibility, and economic analysis
- Selection and coordination of design professionals and other consultants;
- Coordinating and expediting all entitlement and permitting
- Helping secure competitive financing;
- Scheduling and coordinating all aspects of the design and construction process to ensure our clients receive a quality building completed on time and on budget
The Kidder Mathews development management group also offers consulting services including:
- Replacement cost analysis for use in valuing clients’ real estate investments or in making informed new investment decisions
- Crafting a Development Schedule to clarify and understand the development process, and to understand the time necessary for all preconstruction and construction activities to make informed decisions if the client is considering developing their own facility
- Assessment of existing buildings and cost analysis for our clients who are considering re-development or major capital improvements
- Assisting clients evaluate a developer’s proposal to develop a build-to-suit asset to purchase or lease
- Helping master-plan a site
- Assisting a business park owner who wishes to sell parcels within the park with assistance in adjusting lot lines, creating shared access and maintenance agreements for road ways and utilities, creation of design guidelines and CC&R’s, and negotiating with local building jurisdictions for entitlements and to minimize offsite improvements
To help facilitate or finalize deals with tight deadlines, we sometimes serve as development managers for our clients. In two particular cases we were instrumental in guaranteeing quick completion schedules:
- A $45 million hi-tech manufacturing facility and corporate office for Sun Microsystems was designed from scratch, entitled, all land due diligence completed and land purchased, and construction completed and ready for occupancy in 8 ½ months.
- 150,000 SF of warehouse improvements in a cold building shell, as well as 6,500 SF of office improvements designed, permitted and completed in 7 weeks.
- Benaroya Companies
- City of Gresham
- McMorgan & Company
- Pacific Oncology
- PS Business Parks
- St Paul Travelers
- Sun Microsystems