Sand Point is the endpoint of the first aerial circumnavigation of the world in 1924; a historic flight that convinced Congress to develop Sand Point as a Naval Air Station. The 400 acre site served as an air base, naval training center and aircraft repair depot for the US Navy until decommissioned in 1995 and was gifted to, among other entities, the University of Washington.
Since 2003, Kidder Mathews has delivered a full scope of facility management services, to include a full time, dedicated Facility Manager, supported by supplemental Engineering resources. The Sand Point Campus totals 665,325 square feet in eight buildings, housing various University support services including storage and
administrative facilities for the University of Washington Library, University of Washington Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, and the Burke Museum, the College of Engineering and the College of Arts and Sciences. Kidder Mathews has coordinated and managed numerous substantial capital and tenant improvement projects during our assignment