Justin Mendelson specializes in high street and single tenant net-leased retail investment properties leased to national and regional restaurant brands nationwide. He also specializes in anchored shopping centers in California. He works on behalf of sellers by marketing their properties and on behalf of investors by seeking opportunities. While with Charles Dunn, he was a senior managing member of the retail services group which focused on high street retail and anchored shopping centers, and founded the restaurant net leased group. Mendelson’s expertise is his specific market knowledge, attention to detail, and results-oriented marketing approach in order to maximize results on behalf of his clients. It is his goal to provide an unparalleled level of service, while exceeding the expectations of each client served. Every property or real estate requirement is treated as if it was his own personal situation.
Prior to joining Kidder Mathews, Justin Mendelson was with Charles Dunn Company for eight years, as a member of their investment services team. Before his tenure at Charles Dunn, he worked for Westfield Corporation. Mendelson’s career includes direct involvement in commercial real estate development. Several members of his immediate family have held prominent positions in the development industry.
During his career, Justin has quickly excelled in building relationships with real estate owners and investors with billions of dollars in investing and divesting potential. Some of his notable transactions includes the 2012 sale of two single tenant commercial buildings totaling $19,250,000 in Orange County, which resulted in the seller exchanging into a $25,600,000 credit anchored shopping center in Los Angeles County. In 2014, Justin was recognized for selling the largest retail transaction and earning the largest retail commission company wide in multiple years. In 2016, he sold the former Peter Lik leased property on N. Beverly Drive in the “Beverly Hills Golden Triangle” to a private equity group based in Florida to be redeveloped. In 2017, Mendelson completed and was involved in a highly confidential and complicated transaction on the extremely sought after N. Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills which resulted in a nine figure ($110,000,000) purchase price. He was a multi-year member of the “Charlie’s Club” and “Millionaire’s Club”, Charles Dunn’s designation for its highest producing agents. Mendelson has among the largest market share of Beverly Hills high street investments in the country, as well as, the largest Jack in the Box leased investment market share in the nation.
- Nominated by Los Angeles Business Journal Commercial Real Estate Award for Most Successful Brokers – Multiple years
- Nominated by Los Angeles Business Journal for “Deal of the Year” – Multiple years
- Member of Charles Dunn’s Millionaire’s Club – Multiple years
- Member of Charles Dunn’s Charlie’s Club – Multiple years
- Largest commission in company history during tenure at Charles Dunn
- Largest commission company wide during tenure at Charles Dunn – Multiple years
- Received Charles Dunn’s “Rookie of the Year” award
Bachelor of Arts degree in Business with an emphasis in marketing, California State University, Fullerton
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Chabad, Beverly Hills, Bel Air and Century City
Beverly Hills Tennis Club
- 456 N. Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills
- 315-319 N. Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills
- 207-209 S. Robertson Boulevard, Beverly Hills (Pagani of Beverly Hills)
- Portfolio of Corporate Jack In The Box sale leasebacks
- WCCT Global building on Cypress Avenue, Cerritos
- WCCT Global building on Howard Way, Costa Mesa
- Inglewood Plaza 3100-80 W. Imperial Highway, Inglewood (2012)
- Inglewood Plaza 3100-80 W. Imperial Highway, Inglewood (2014)
- Multiple net leased Quick Service and Casual Dining restaurants including Jack in the Box, Wendy’s, KFC, A&W, Denny’s, IHOP, and others