After a 65-year run, the Northlake Tavern & Pizza House, at 660 N.E. Northlake Way, will close on Jan. 31.
The business has a long history with just a few owners. Herb and Evelyn Friedman opened the Northlake Tavern in 1953, then relocated it near the University of Washington campus in 1954. They began offering pizza there six years later. By 1974, it was touting its pies as “Best Darn Pizza Anywhere” and had added “Pizza House” onto its name.
For the full story, go to the Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce.
© 2022 Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce. All rights reserved.